Workshops in the field of cultural orientation and Polish culture
We are pleased to invite you to our two workshops in the field of cultural orientation and
Polish culture as well as onboarding at the University of Warsaw.
Poland and Poles – Cultural Orientation Training for the International Staff of the
University (22nd November, 4:30-8:00 pm)
- Polish Culture – a short overview:
- Important Figures
- Behaviour and Communication Styles
- Some aspects of living in Warsaw
- The Most Significant Polish Historical, Geographical and Cultural Contexts
- Important Dates and Traditions
Onboarding for international staff – practical training on the structure and culture of
the University of Warsaw (25th November, 4:30-8 pm)
- Dealing with Culture Shock and Acculturation Process
- Polish Academic Culture:
- Academic Values and Cultural Differences
- Organisational Culture of the University of Warsaw
- Structure of the University of Warsaw
- Dimensions of culture in the context of work in the Polish higher education institution.
The Volunteer Centre of the University of Warsaw
address: Dobra 56/66 00-312 Warsaw (University of Warsaw Library Building – BUW)
HOW TO SIGN-UP?
In order to participate you only need to register on the Kampus Platform:
- Poland and Poles – Cultural Orientation Training for the International Staff of the
University ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa phone: 22 55 24 080, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org www.uw.edu.pl, www.welcome.uw.edu.pl
- Onboarding for the International Staff – practical training on the structure and culture
of the University of Warsaw
To sign-up please use your CAS account.
It is possible to participate in both workshops.
Application deadline: 14th November, 12 pm.
Confirmation of qualification for the training will be given following the verification of the sign-ups. If you are qualified, you will receive an email from the Welcome Point after 15th November.