The 5th National Conference of Historians of the 19th Century
The Faculty of History, and the Faculty of Culture and Arts of the University of Warsaw invite scholars and doctoral students to participate in the 5th National Conference of Historians of the 19th Century. The upcoming conference will be devoted to sources for the history of the Polish lands in the 19th century created and/or stored outside of the Polish territory, until 1918.
This year, we would like to discuss the matter of such sources in the following fields:
- Collections of primary sources, i.e. diplomatic documents, dairies, material culture sources, the press
- Methodologies, frames of interpretation, theoretical approaches
- Analyses and interpretations
- Case studies
We wish for the discussion to touch upon a range of problems, including source studies, theoretical studies, social imageries, and processes of social communication. Our time span includes the First World War.
The conference is scheduled for June 21-22, 2022. The languages of the conference are Polish, English and Russian.
Paper proposals should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 March 2022, using the attached form. Notifications of acceptance will be sent by the end of March 2022. Presentation time is 20 minutes.
The organizers do not cover travel and accommodation expenses.
- Name and surname
- e-mail address
- Title of the presentation
- Abstract of the presentation (no more than 200 words)
THE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE OF THE CONFERENCE
- Prof. Małgorzata Karpińska (Chair)
- Prof. Tomasz Kizwalter
- Prof. Alicja Kulecka
- hab Artur Markowski
- Agnieszka Goluch, M.A. (Secretary)
- Łukasz Kożuchowski, M.A. (Secretary)